1. First go to a visa agent (travel agent) or Chinese embassy to get a "Z" (work visa) or "F" (business visa) visa with our invitation paper.
2. Book your air ticket to Guilin via Hongkong or Shanghai or Beijing.
3. E-mail us your flight number and arrival time, so we will meet you at Guilin airport.
4. Note down all of our telephone numbers and contact information on you notebook, in case of flight dela
Work Visa (Z) Application
1. First prepare your application documents, including passport copy, resume, 4 recent photos(passport photo size), application letter, copies of your diploma and teaching certificate, and the health check report (get the form from the local China embassy or download from our website).
2. Then email the documents to us. After we get them, we will go to the immigration office to apply for the work visa invitation paper. It takes us about two weeks to obtain the invitation letters. Then it will take 4-20 days for the original documents to reach you in mail depending on the mail service you use.
3. While you are waiting for the last step to be completed, please contact a visa agent or check the Chinese embassy¡¯s site for documents to be prepared for obtaining a Z visa with the embassy.
4. Take the documents that we mailed to you and other necessary documents to go to the Chinese embassy to get a"Z" visa with our invitation paper. Or you can mail all the documents to your visa agent and let them do all the work.
1. First get "L" (Tourist Visa) on your own or You can directly fly to Hongkong to apply for a one to six month "L" visa from the Hongkong visa office.
2. As soon as you arrive at Buckland, we will arrange you for a physical examination in Guilin¡£ Then go to Hongkong with our Z visa invitation letter and the health cert to obtain a Z visa there within two days.
Culture Exchange and Internship visa (F) Application
Same procedure as the Z visa application. However, after we secure your F visa invitation letter, we will scan and email them to you instead of mailing, because original invitation documents are not required for F visa.
Always remember to renew your visa at least TWO WEEKS before it expires.
The airfare from Hongkong to Guilin is always much more expensive than flying from Shenzhen. If you want to save money, you can first take a KCR, the train from Hongkong to the China border (almost every 30 minutes there are one KCR to the China border), then walk across the border bridge to get to the Shenzhen city! Now you can take a taxi to Shenzhen airport (about 12 -- 15 US dollars), then fly from Shenzhen to Guilin (about 70-90 US$)
You can also travel to Yangshuo from Shenzhen by bus. After arriving in Shenzhen, take a taxi to the Yin Hu (means Silver Lake) bus station. There are direct express buses to Guilin every 2 or 3 hours. The bus ticket is around 30-35 US dollars/ person and the written destination on the ticket is Guilin. After you get on the bus, announce to the bus driver that you need to get off in Yangshuo, then the bus will let you off at Yangshuo bus station. (note that only buy EXPRESS BUS ticket because this is the only non-stop bus line and will only take 10-12 hrs to get to Yangshuo.
Recommended website for cheap airfare: